Primarily designed for quick looks and interactions such as getting and responding to messages and phone calls, the Apple Watch comes with several built-in apps. Beyond the pre-loaded ones, there are more than 3,000 apps currently available for it via the iTunes App Store. Start with these 8, and your productivity could soar.
- iBillable Hours a bargain at $9.99 is great for tracking your billable hours by client, case or overall right from your wrist. Filtering your hours to a specific time-frame, add notes, share reports and import / export data using Dropbox are just a few of the features it offers..
- Todoist is a list-making app with voice control and a slew of other features. As an extension of the free Todoist iPhone app, it syncs with the cloud and allows collaborative to-do lists and productivity management.
- Twitter lets you dictate, view Tweets, and re-tweet from your wrist.
- Uber lets you to track your booked ride and see how far away it is without having to take out your phone, and notifies you when your ride has arrived.
- Evernote the well-known and highly used mobile app lets you dictate notes, view and create new notes, or update existing notes, and set reminders and get notifications on your Apple Watch.
- Citymapper lets you zero in on public transport, provides precise, clear instructions on getting from place to place, and keeps you informed on bus, train or tram schedules for select supported cities.
- NYTimes app lets you quickly view one-sentence stories specially designed for the small Apple Watch screen. You can also receive alerts when big news breaks and via the Handoff feature continue reading on your iPhone, or touch Save for Later to build a personal reading list for another time.
- Calculator Watch Pro is just one among many calculator apps for the Apple Watch, which surprisingly does not come with one already built-in. This app lets you sync back and forth on your phone, thus allowing you to continue calculations on your phone without having to re-type.
Of course this is just a small sampling of Apple Watch apps, but hopefully will help you in putting this new mobile device to great use. With native apps coming to the Apple Watch this fall, this will be an interesting space to watch.