Managing your social media presence does not have to be time-consuming. There are several excellent tools designed to help boost your social media productivity.
Reignite is intended primarily as a paid enterprise social media management tool but it does offer a limited free service for bloggers. Via a single platform you can schedule posts in advance, promote posts on social media with campaigns, and track the activity of posts.
IFTTT an acronym for If This Then That, lets you automate a plethora of things by simply creating IFTTT “recipes”. Consider the following examples.
- If your LinkedIn profile picture changes then update your Twitter profile picture too
- If someone mentions you online then send a notification email to your account
- If sharing a post on LinkedIn then share it on Facebook also
- If you get to the office automatically mute your phone
- If you miss a phone call from a specific number then generate an email to yourself
- If you gain a new follower on Twitter automatically send a thank-you
- If you write a new blog post automatically post it to LinkedIn or Twitter
Hootsuite offers basic plans for free and fee-based pro and enterprise plans. Features include the ability to create a schedule for your social media messages and then automatically post, tweet, and share the messages to LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and more all from a single platform. Additionally, real-time data reports on everything you share can be viewed.
Sproutsocial offers fee based services only. Features include a single stream inbox that ensures you never miss a message, and tools for posting, collaborating, and scheduling messages to Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Also monitoring tools with excellent analytics help you track important metrics.
SocialOomph is a web-based tool that provides a variety of free and paid productivity features to assist with your social media management needs. Features include scheduling of Tweets, status updates, sharing LinkedIn posts and much more. Limitless accounts are offered for those with multiple LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook accounts.