A previous post LinkedIn Celebrates its 10th Year with 2 New and Cool Features detailed recent features added to the very popular social media site for business networking and sharing – LinkedIn. This post looks at 5 features on Twitter that are definitely worth utilizing.
- Adding images to tweets on Twitter has been available for several months and is an important feature you should use because results of a study showed Tweets with images retrieve 150% more Retweets, 18% more clicks, and 89% more favorites than those without images. Caveat Emptor – make sure the images you choose are in the public domain. Check here and here for blog posts with links to sites with free images.
- Search filters are now on Twitter – limit your search to videos, people, photos and more.
- Advanced search is an option but is a bit hidden as you must first run a general search and then click on the Advanced Search link that appears on the left beneath the search filters.
- The Inline Tweet composer feature on the main page of Twitter makes Tweeting a snap – no need to click the compose button in the upper right corner to launch the composer, simply start typing your Tweet in the window and click the Tweet button.
- Twitter Analytics, the newest feature, lets you view a dashboard displaying the “performance” of all your recent Tweets – simply log in to your Twitter account and go to http://analytics.twitter.com/ to see how well or poorly your Tweets are faring.