Let’s face it: some blogs are better than others. Quality, relevancy, and frequency of posts in my view are key indicators of a great blog. Today’s rapidly evolving legal environment requires that business development bloggers publish quality and relevant articles with great frequency.
While you may find the client development side of practicing law onerous, it is a necessity in order for your practice to grow and thrive. Consider these 5 active blogs to help fuel you with tips, ideas and best practices to grow your business.
- The Mike Ames Business Development Blog uses a conversational style of writing and is chock full of practical posts that cover a wide range of topics including sales ideas, marketing techniques, stories and tools that you can utilize to win and keep clients.
- LegalBizDev selected by TechnoLawyer as “one of the most influential legal blogs” is geared to law firms and designed to provide best practices for your legal business development needs. Fresh content is guaranteed with new posts every Wednesday. I especially like its first Wednesday “Tip of the Month” feature which is “devoted to a short and simple tip to help lawyers increase efficiency, provide greater value to their clients and/or develop new business.”
- Legal Marketing Blog delivers on its tag line as a blog “dedicated to lawyer marketing in any size law firm” with regular posts on a wide range of topics such as client communications, tips for handling unhappy clients, networking, tips on public speaking and controversial but important topics such as fixed fees.
- AttorneyAtWork delivers daily law practice tips and offers monthly posts on productivity, online marketing, solo practice, business development and power tech tips. A unique feature is the “Ask the Experts” series that draws on advice from members of the Association of Legal Administrators and Legal Marketing Association.
- Avvo Lawyernomics tagline “succeeding in the business of law” says it all. Regular posts on everything from relevant webinars to the best use of technology and social media are sure to help you in your marketing efforts.