Now that Spring is (officially) here, it’s time to shine up and help grow our digital footprints! My last post covered tips for improving your LinkedIn profile.
This post takes a look at 8 ways to grow your Twitter footprint.
- Upload a professional looking photo to your Twitter profile.
- Gain followers via positive and active tweeting. Generally speaking more followers equals more credibility.
- Think before you post and be mindful of typographical errors. What you post on social media stays on social media forever.
- Only follow people you are truly interested in following. Otherwise, it is difficult to keep up.
- Repeat your tweets! Most people on Twitter don’t scroll through every tweet so it is okay to tweet the same thing a few times a day. Doing so will help you reach people who may have missed a tweet first time around.
- Use self-promotion tweets in moderation. A good rule of thumb is for every self-promotion tweet you should retweet, like, reply to a tweet or post two or more non-promotion tweets.
- Include videos and pictures in your tweets. Visuals are very popular on social media platforms.
- Be consistent across all your digital platforms. Inconsistent social media profiles and behavior negatively affects your authenticity.