A new year is an opportunity to resolve to do things differently or better or simply step out of your comfort zone and do something new! I suspect that, for many, utilizing their well-known technology tools is still unsettling, let alone venturing out to try a new technology. Nonetheless, for 2013 I challenge you to pick one area of technology that would be new to you and step (or, better yet, jump) out of your technology comfort zone and tackle it head-on.
To help you get started, resolve to do one or more of the following:
- Upgrade your “old school” cell phone to a smartphone, download one useful legal app once a month, and make a point to actually use the apps you download. To help you get started check out my recently published article on legal apps.
- Create a social media account and use it a least once a week. LinkedIn is a good social media site for professionals and thus a great place to start developing your online presence.
- Start a legal blog or write an article for your firm’s blog. You may be an outstanding blogger, but you’ll never know if you don’t try!
- Have a e-Reader? Download an e-book to it and read it! Many legal vendors offer e-book titles too!
- Go online to do your legal research!
Happy New Year and best wishes with all the resolutions you make!