Blogging is hard, albeit rewarding work! As a form of writing, it comes with all the same woes: writer’s block, time constraints, discouragement, and frustration. But don’t despair, there are many cool, easy to use online tools to help you keep going. Consider the following six:
- Feedly is an excellent RSS tool that provides a single place for you to monitor and quickly read the news sites and blogs you follow. It is available on both the desktop and mobile, thereby allowing you to access it while at the office or on-the-go.
- Pocket is a great app for saving articles for later reading that you happen to stumble upon while on-the-go.
- LinkedIn and LinkedIn Pulse are great sources for trending topics and leading edge ideas from your network of LinkedIn professionals and LinkedIn Influencers.
- Evernote is a free app for taking notes and serves well as a catch-all place for entering any those blog post ideas that come to mind anytime, anywhere. Simply launch the app from your mobile device and enter your idea for later retrieval.
- Unable to put into writing what you’re thinking? SpeakWrite lets you verbally record your thoughts, upload to the service, and receive a transcript of your thoughts to quickly edit and publish to your blog.
- Sometimes the best thing to break writer’s block is coming up with a good title. Hubspot’s Blog Topic Generator is a great resource for finding ideas to write about. Simply enter three terms, click on the Give Me Blog Topics button, and get a list of potential blog post titles hat can be swiftly turned into articles.